The normally bustling streets of Sydney are empty but once more as the city begins a two-week lockdown in a bid to cease the unfold of a Covid-19 outbreak.
The CBD appears like a ghost town, with purchasing malls shut down.
Only a few individuals are noticed, masked up, whereas doing important grocery purchasing, strolling their pets or exercising in the city.
Under new restrictions that started at 6pm on Saturday, individuals in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Shellharbour and Wollongong are solely allowed to depart dwelling for 4 causes:
- Shopping for meals or different necessities
- Medical care or compassionate wants
- Exercise outdoor in teams of 10 or fewer
- Essential work, or training should you can’t do it at dwelling
Funerals are allowed with a most of 100 visitors and topic to the 4 sqm rule.
Restrictions for the remainder of NSW embody:
- No greater than 5 guests in houses
- Masks are obligatory in all indoor non-residential settings
- The 4 sqm rule applies indoors and outdoor, and consuming whereas standing at indoor venues is banned
- No dancing at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs
- Dance and health club courses are capped at 20 individuals and masks have to be worn
The lockdown is predicted to run till 11.59pm on July 9.
Meanwhile, NSW recorded 30 new domestically acquired circumstances of Covid-19 in a single day — all of which had been linked to the Bondi cluster.
“Of the 112 locally acquired cases recorded since 16 June 2021, when the index case (patient zero) for the Bondi cluster, a driver who transported international flight crew, was reported, 110 are linked to this cluster and two remain under investigation,” NSW Health stated in a assertion.
However, Premier Gladys Berejiklian stated a variety of individuals had been in the group whereas infectious and that was a vital concern.
“All are linked to the Bondi cluster; 11 were in isolation throughout their infectious period and a further three cases were in isolation for part of the infectious period,” chief well being officer Kerry Chant stated on Sunday.
“What we are hoping over coming days is that we announce cases that have been in isolation for that fully infectious period.”
Latest Travel News