The second annual Sight Tech Global occurs this week, on December 1-2, and this free, digital occasion is extremely filled with insights about how fast advances in expertise are fostering an accessibility revolution for people who find themselves blind or have low imaginative and prescient. Register today.
All of the periods have been pre-recorded, and I can inform you first-hand that the panels and hearth chats are actually exceptional, whether or not or not tech accessibility is your space. Be a part of our host Will Butler, VP of Be My Eyes, for two extremely thought-provoking mornings on Dec. 1-2 beginning at 8 a.m. PT. Right here’s the agenda and my fast tackle the ten periods:
- Apple: A high Apple researcher explains how the cascade of ML/ AI options (picture description, gesture management, scene description) match collectively in a customizable accessibility “stack.”
- Amazon Alexa: Alexa’s high AI thinker discusses how Amazon is turning into a extra conversational and useful assistant that talks much less and does extra.
- Microsoft Seeing AI: The co-founder explains his imaginative and prescient for tips on how to increase navigation for the blind with customizable audio AR.
- Web site accessibility 2.0: There’s a little-known technical motive why web site accessibility is a pricey endeavor. That’s about to alter.
- Indoor Navigation: 4 of the world’s high researchers talk about how new applied sciences like LiDAR are the inspiration to resolve this actually troublesome downside for blind mobility.
- Autonomous Taxis: When will they go industrial and can they work properly for the blind and visually impaired? A high AI researcher says not quickly; Waymo begs to vary.
- Inventors: Merchandise designed to assist blind individuals have a manner of going mainstream. Assume OCR studying machines. These tree inventors are taking their pictures.
- Attending to accessible. When and the way do product corporations attain the end line. Hear from Spotify and Peloton, which take that on. It’s not straightforward.
- Blind Kindle: Multi-line Braille shows that may additionally render tactile graphics are the “Holy Braille” of data home equipment. APH reveals off its AI-powered prototype.
- Google: 75% of cell customers are on Android, and Google’s Lookout app is crucial for the blind Android customers. The Lookout group is profiting from Google’s accessibility dedication and AI sources.
Should you’re nonetheless hungry for extra, there are seven, stay breakout periods that go into deeper element on a few of the subjects on the principle stage in addition to new topics.
- Perkins Entry: Utilizing AI to take away digital limitations for math college students
- Fable: The way forward for display readers: key concepts that won’t serve us properly
- APH: The event of a brand new tactile show combining Braille and graphics in a single expertise
- W3C ARIA-AT: Display readers, interoperability, and a brand new period of net accessibility
- HumanWare: The introduction of HumanWare’s new clever braille shows
- WordPress.com: A short have a look at the accessibility options constructed into WordPress.com
- Vispero: The subsequent era of assistive expertise person testing is right here
Sight Tech Global is a manufacturing of the nonprofit Vista Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, which has been serving blind and low imaginative and prescient individuals in Silicon Valley for 75 years.
Sight Tech Global is free to attendees and made potential by a volunteer manufacturing group and sponsors Fb, Salesforce, Google, WordPress, Mojo Imaginative and prescient, Ford, Fable, APH, Humanware, Microsoft, Vispero, Amazon, Yahoo and TechCrunch. All sponsorship revenues go to the nonprofit Vista Center, a 501 (c) (3) New sponsors are alway welcome.